When you publish your own WordPress blog, you need WordPress SEO and research tools. That is for sure! You will often wonder if visitors will be able to find your article among the vast sea of similar websites scattered all over the worldwide web. For most bloggers, standing out among the rest has always been the challenge.
One of the most important keys to let the entire digital world to take notice of you is to have a good site ranking on major search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Bing, AOL, and Ask.com. A good ranking can earn your site a top spot on the search results where people often go to find the content they are looking for. And in order to gain a good ranking, your site must have a good SEO value.
Creating SEO friendly blog posts with high quality contents can catch the attention of search engines and visitors as well. WordPress itself is a well-coded platform but you need more than its custom features in order to make it big in the SEO-driven web. Good thing is that WordPress allows the use of SEO tools to optimize your site. The rise in the number of available SEO tools have given bloggers a hard time in choosing which tool to use.
Here are 7 of the best tools any wordpress blogger should have in their tactical arsenal:
- Yoast SEO
This comprehensive and powerful SEO tool is a must-have for every WordPress blogger. It has recorded the most number of downloads among SEO tools and have gained a great deal of support from bloggers and publishers alike. The free download version from WordPress would typically be enough to become profitable, but after becoming profitable upgrading to the paid version would be ideal.
The biggest reason for an update would be the availability of 4 added keywords being used in the “keyword” section of the Yoast plugin. If you’ve the paid Yoast version it means that your blogs can now be optimized for up to 5 keywords or keyphrases instead of 1, thus, giving you more target market reach when getting indexed in Google organic search engine.
· Snippet Preview
One of the reasons why Yoast SEO has gained an edge over its competitors is the functionality of its snippet editor. When writing Meta information, the snippet gives you an instant preview of how your page will be displayed on the Google search results. You can alter metadata fields and check the preview to see whether the title and description are too short or too long.
· Social Integration
If we are talking about websites that are gaining loads of traffic on a daily basis, then social media definitely rings a bell. Expand your reach and take advantage of social media channels. Yoast SEO can link your social media accounts to your WordPress site by allowing you to add Open Graph metadata into your site. Major social media channels including Facebook support Open Graph for the sharing of pages or posts. To make the most out of it, you can also link the Yoast plugin to your Google+ account to make your profile visible in the search results. This assures authenticity of the author and will give visitors the opportunity to learn basic information about you.
· XML Sitemap
Yoast SEO automatically generates XML sitemap for your site. Search engines like Google need to see this file to help them understand the structure and specific information of your site.
· Search Console Integration
The integration of your search console into the Yoast plugin allows you to monitor and track the occurrences of 404 error pages on your site. This enables you to resolve the issues quickly. To fix 404 issues, you may use other plugins that can implement redirection so the visitors can be redirected to other existing page instead of coming across the upsetting 404 page.
With SEMRush, you can collect analytics from your competitors and use these data to improve your own SEO. This is mainly used as a competitor analysis tool which is very useful in discovering the sources of your competitor’s traffic, focus keywords, and insights into the strategies used by your competitors.
Unlike most SEO tools, SEMrush is an online tool and there is no need to download or further need of installation. As an elite paid subscription service, you should highly consider SEMrush if you’re into web development and multiple sites being created on a monthly basis. If you’re a casual keyword research user or its pricing seems a bit on the higher end, the free daily cap established by the company should be sufficient.
- Lets you know where your competitors are ranking.
- Compares domains by keywords.
- Reports the ranking of domain specific keyword.
- Comes with a Crawl Audit tool.
- Allows you to study your competitors’ Ads texts.
- Looks up for good long-tail keywords.
- Compares different SEO metrics.
- Generates line graph and pie chart for better presentation.
- Compares similar sites.
- Gathers different keyword metrics
- Monitors your ad campaign data.
3. Google Keyword Planner
No disrespect to Yahoo and Bing but let’s admit it, Google has always been the frontrunner and the most superior search engine among all its rivals. And when Google offered its own SEO tool that can give keyword ideas, bloggers and content marketers around the world are fast to embrace it. Just common sense to do so here.
I’m referring to the “Google Keyword Planner Tool” which was developed by Google itself. Of course, Google knows what keywords are trending and this can help bloggers or content marketers to get a grasp of what content to work on.
This tool is absolutely free. With this tool, you get to see an estimated monthly search volume for your keywords, as well as the difficulty level and number of results. These data can help you search keywords that are resonating the interest of internet users and can give you ideas on how to outrank your competitors.
Having a difficult time formulating keyword ideas? If that is so, why not use a tool that can instantly generate keywords ideas based on the keyword being typed in. Keyword Tool is well-known for this task. It is incredibly fast and it’s absolutely free.
KeywordTool.io collects keyword suggestions from Google’s autocomplete, Bing, YouTube, and App Store. It does not fetch keyword suggestions from Google Keyword Planner but rather makes use of Google’s autocomplete suggestions that pops up when you start typing in the search box. It is a great keyword research addition that may compliment well with your keyword research needs long term.
· Helps search keywords that are hidden in Google Keyword Planner.
· It gathers most popular keywords from Google search suggestions.
· It is a multi-lingual friendly tool that can generate keyword suggestions in 83 different languages.
· It features a convenient copy button that allows you to copy the entire list of keywords and paste into notepad or Excel.
5. Open Site Explorer
Usually used by top SEO experts to see the true linking realities of a competing website. Even when links can be blocked with a code, this particular SEO tool by Moz checks domain name data to track other linking domains and pages linking to your site. The free version has daily search limits and you will need to subscribe to Moz Pro to activate unlimited search and to unlock additional features. Limited free use of the tool just like all MOZ tools.
· It generates a list of the top 10,000 pages on a domain which can be used for competitor analysis and comparison of your own site with theirs.
· It shows you the target URL of a given link when sorting root or sub domains which allows you to see the most important link in a domain and the page linking to it.
- It offers more comprehensive CSV report covering the number of links of a source page and indication of whether the link is followed or not, internal or external.
· It enhances usability by adding Filter Results button that eliminates the need to reload a page every time you apply a filter. As well as the Explore and Compare button that helps you gather more information regarding any links.
Originally from one of the creators and owners of the famous and in-demand FCSNetworker.com program, KeySearch.co is born. Overall, an excellent tool for keyword research, tracking keywords, YouTube keyword research, compare CPC, domain availability and even see the top 10 ranked sites for a selected keyword.
This tool compares itself with KeywordTool.io many features. Among the main differences I the value per dollar given as of today since you can buy a permanent lifetime membership (or until owners death so to speak) or a monthly membership. A permanent pro account might be more than enough for most of us.
- Top 10 sites are listed according to keyword in a nice displayed image within the application with amount of crawled and indexed links allowing you to see its immediate authority
- Gives you the cost-per-click(CPC) estimate, volume search each month according to Google Keyword Planner numbers
- Provides you an estimate of keyword ranking difficulty for free search at Google
- Allows you to save keywords you’ve research, create multiple folders for different niche keywords and allows you to compare quick keyword difficulty by just selecting XY keyword
Overall, if you ask top SEO web developers you’ll find that they at least know KeySearch.co as it’s an excellent keyword research tool that provides an excellent bang for the buck. Other than Keysearch.co, none of the top keyword research tool provide a lifetime membership opportunity, which there are plenty of reasons for it, server load and because it mainly isn’t required as every online marketer needs a top keyword research tool – thus allowing keyword research tool suppliers to charge monthly fees. This tool is an ideal bargain and a top favorite of many of us.
LinkPatrol is a tool that gives you full control of all existing links on your site. It allows you to determine which links are giving away link juice and also tracks all outbound links. It quickly cleans up spammy links and anchor texts that may potentially damage your outgoing links.
Managing a great load of outbound links and resolving potential issues are now made easier with LinkPatrol. It works well together with other existing SEO plugins to keep your outbound links secured.
- It thoroughly scans all outbound links and shows you all domains your blog is linking to.
- It generates domain report showing you the total number of links of a target domain.
- It allows you to remove all harmful links with one click no-follow and strip functionality.
- It searches outbound links based on keyword.
8. Broken Link Checker
Broken links can have negative impact on your SEO and can even upset your visitors. If you are maintaining a large site, checking the existence of broken links manually can be stressful. Let Broken Link Checker do the work for you. This is a free WordPress SEO tool ideal for your blogs. It enables you to locate broken links and allows you to fix the issues without the need to edit your posts.
- Parses your posts, pages, comments and bookmarks to look for possible broken links, redirections and missing images.
- Sends notifications through your dashboard and email.
- Indicates broken links by displaying them differently in your posts.
- Searches and filters links by anchor text and URL.
- Provides link editors where you can fix broken links directly on the plugin’s page.
In conclusion, these tools are excellent research tools and SEO options to highly consider leasing or owning license if you see yourself owning passive income websites long term. If you’re a full time internet marketer you’ll find out that the vast majority of the above tools are essential to you as a WordPress blogger. Getting to know some, if not all the above mentioned tools and you’ll see why they’re among the preferred tools to integrate to any WordPress business.
What other tools have you found highly useful in your internet marketing endeavors guys?